Thursday, September 03, 2009

Kittyhawk M5 gutshots: The Hangar 51 report

Seeing as Sean Huston's Blues Deville is going out on the road here, I decided it was time to start refurbishing the Kittyhawk M5 you see here.

This amplifier is some kind of ultimate orphan, as very little is known about them and the German manufacturer is long since out of business, as far as I know. I do have a partial schematic and I can probably figure out the rest. Some voltage mapping will be in order, and then eliminating the patented plastic "DestructoPots".

If the power transformer is capable of it, it might be fun to plug in a couple of the new JJ 6V6S tubes, as we hear they're more robust and capable of delivering an improvement in wattage.

If you've got any information or documentation on this amp, please send me an email.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home