Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Subconscious Weighs In: It's Over

I woke up at 2:45 am this morning in a sweat, coming out of a most vivid dream. I grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote down my recollections. Here they are.

I dreamed I was back at Douglas walking around the place, although it did not look at all familiar. I knew I'd already lost my job. I was dressed in a dark blue jumpsuit. A person who I had worked with came up to me and said "What in the hell are you doing here? You could get put in jail for this." I knew he was going to lose his job as well. He and I parted with him saying "Stay out of trouble-do this the right way." I said, "I'm just trying to work something out inside my head."

I walked past another group of workers, and I could see the MD95 line in the next building. One was saying that a service center would be opened, production was ending, and that anyone who had less than five years' seniority was out of luck.

I headed toward the plating shop. I do not think that Douglas had a plating shop during my time. Anyway, that's where I was going, and I could smell plating chemistry. I was looking for a supervisor but none was around. There were some mechanics making up strange looking assemblies like small cart wheels. So I walked out across a field to the hazardous waste site, which looked like the Matterhorn at Disneyland. I looked over the edge of a cliff and saw some small buildings far below, but I knew there was no way to get there and all the time I knew I didn't belong there any more.

I guess that was what my subconscious was telling me in its long winded way was that I don't work there anymore. Sheesh-it only took 14 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home