Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Memo to Airbus: You're Losing Us

It was reported by Flight International that Emirates-you know, those folks with the deep pockets-have admonished Airbus that the A340 needs to get a lot better if the deferred order for up to 18 aircraft is to survive. Apparently Emirates wants a transfusion of A350 technology that will make the A340 more cutting edge.

Now. Here's where it gets ominous.

Tim Clark, el Presidente of Emirates, warns Airbus, "The airline community has made it clear to Airbus that the Boeing 787 is the better aircraft and that therefore it should not be down to us to tell them the risks of continuing with an airliner that is not the best."

I don't know about you, but if that's the customer I was hanging a large part of my hat on, I'd have to start thinking I was heading down a dead end road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home