Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Kid On The Block

There's a new kid on the block and it's Fleetbuzz. Taking no prisoners either as we see here.

http://fleetbuzz.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/one-week-doesnt-make-a-difference/

My my my....I expect calls for more hot pokers to scourge the heretics.

Here's a taste to whet your appetite.

What I didnt mention in my previous blog entry was my conversation with two prolific French journalists. One from Le Monde, the other from Le Figaro. Neither of the men I spoke to can be considered poor journalists, having spent over sixty years between them reporting on aviation news and the industry at large.
Again, both are very close to Airbus and have, over the years provided a brilliant insight into the company through its ups and downs.
Aside from being friendly, honest and French- they stated the same theme. Whether you choose to believe it or otherwise is frankly none of my business. If you have something to the contrary, great. It does nothing to dispel what I was told.
Both had stated (note, not “claimed”) that Airbus had deliberately asked airlines not to reveal their orders until the show. Ive read a couple of poor articles on the net, who I wont embarass, who state otherwise. Unsurprisingly, most of these “writers” are sympathetic to the Airbus cause- in part to relay “controversial” articles/statements to grab attention to what is tantamount to childhood diary writing and secondly to discredit Boeing, regardless of whether Airbus is actually preferred or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home