Thursday, December 14, 2006

And Now, For Something Completely Different

It's been widely reported that Turkish Airlines workers celebrated the return of their 100th Avro RJ100 aircraft by sacrificing a camel and having an old fashioned hoedown and barbecue on the flight ramp, to the mortification of bystanders.

Well. Let me tell you. Although folks outside the brotherhood are shocked, I can say there have been times when I thought a barbecue was appropriate when the shop had finally gotten rid of some really obnoxious hangar queen. I'm thinking of a Piper P-Navajo in particular that could never stay fixed, and there have been others, not the least of which was the Canadair CL600 Challenger that I spent a week inside the fuel tanks of. I was glad to see that bitch leave, and it was enough to make me quit my job at Atlantic Aviation.

So fellow knuckledraggers, stoke up the coals and set a place for me at the table. I am with you.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMM Camel-Q. I figure it'd be kind of tough. Hey, if Europeans eat horses, why should they object to camel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home