Monday, December 13, 2021

The Strange Case of Anna Diplosis And The Frotteur

 

 

 


How on earth did I, a 73 year old rookie scribbler, stumble-trip and fall, over the term "anadiplosis"?

I knew her in high school? Her father rand a diner in Jersey?

The real story is that I was looking on Coursera for some creative writing classes I could audit for free and there was one from the University of Michigan, very high brow, very chi chi, and they said they used anadiplosis in their teaching of character. 

I figured that anyone throwing around five dollar words that were even not in my Webster's New Lexicon Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language was some PhD literature perpetual candidate-always called, seldom chosen-getting their intellectual rocks off on strangers like a frotteur in the subway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home