Monday, September 05, 2016

Memo To Anonymous Annotators: Get Off My Damned Lawn

It was said one time by a person way smarter  than me that there is one thing in every person's makeup that really rings their bell, and not in a good way.

Actually, with me it's two things.

The first and most important is when you go to the grocery store and buy a loaf of bread and some dunce of a packer puts it in the bag with something really hefty that rolls around and smashes it. I really hate that.

I know it's unreasonable for me to be so overwrought about this subject but there you go.

No, what really irks the shit out of me is when I go to the library or Half Price Books, I pick something out, fork over the cash and head home for some good reading only to find that some idiot has annotated said book along the margins.

Aside from being unusually stupid, such anonymous annotations take all the fun and adventure out of a new fresh read.

Do these people think that their idiotic musings are that important that they gotta take all the fun out of it for me?

Well. There is an answer to it, although it requires a bit of work.

Thanks to the folks at Paper Mate, they still manufacture the "Pink Pearl" series of rubber erasers that'll put paid to anything scribbled in the margins of any book if it is done in pencil-as is usually the case.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Quicksllvers said...

Great readinng this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home